Students accessing the Leaving Certificate Applied Syllabus pursue a two year programme. This syllabus is a practical programme which is continually assessed throughout the two years. It also includes work placements in our local community and it:
- has as a primary objective of developing participants’ literacy and numeracy skills
- places a premium on the personal and social development of participants
- provides opportunities to develop skills of self-evaluation and reflection
- encourages strong community links to complement the school or centre as a learning site
- uses a broad range of teaching methodologies and participant-centred learning
- provides access to further education and training.
For more information on the complete syllabus please see http://www.ncca.ie.