Welcome to Saint Ita’s and Saint Joseph’s School website.
We provide specialist education for children and young people aged between 4 and 18 with mild general learning disabilities.
Junior Classes follow the Primary Curriculum and senior classes can follow Level 2 Learning Programme and Leaving Certificate Applied. We also have purpose built facilities and individually designed programmes for primary and senior ASD pupils. We are based in Balloonagh , Tralee, Co Kerry.
On this website you can find information about the school, its ethos and practice.
If you require hard copies of any of the information on our website, please contact the School Office.
Please press the link here for our School Calendar 2017 2018
PROPOSED NEW SCHOOL UNIFORM
Our students have voted for a new school uniform. Please click on the link below to download image for the post-primary school tracksuit.
Proposed Uniform for Physical Education.
If you are unable to download the link please see the website below:
It has been recommend that we have an alternative colour uniform for pupils in the primary section of our school. Please see the blue, white and navy tracksuit chosen at http://www.masita.ie/html/boston-half-zip.html.
Proposals made thus far from the whole school community:
- A white polo-shirt to go inside the uniform and tracksuit
- Navy trousers and navy v-neck for post-primary pupils
- Navy trousers and royal blue v-neck for primary pupils
- Dark shoes for formal wear and dark trainers to be worn with the tracksuit
- Light blue tracksuit top for primary
- Maroon tracksuit top for post-primary
- Navy tracksuit bottoms without stripes for primary and post-primary pupils.
Any further suggestions can be written into your child’s homework diary.